Basic Pistol Safety Course
Course Fee - $75
Included in this 4-hour course are lessons covering:
- The Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License
- Pistol Safety, Parts, and Operation
- Ammunition and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Pistol Shooting From the Benchrest and Standing Positions
- Pistol Cleaning, Pistol Storage, and Additional Training Opportunities
- Live Pistol Shooting on the Firing Range (Approximately 20 – 30 Rounds)
The GOAL of the Basic Pistol Safety Course is:
To provide shooters with an introduction to the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to own and use a firearm.
- The Basic Pistol Safety Course is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling of revolver and semi-automatic action-type handguns in classes of eight or fewer students.
- This course is approximately four hours long and includes classroom and firing range time learning the basic fundamentals of shooting a handgun.
- Students will learn the rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; shooting from the benchrest and two-handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and additional opportunities for skill development.
Students receive a course completion certificate, a wallet ID card, and a PowerPoint presentation notebook from Halls Firearm Training.
This course fulfills or exceeds the training requirements for the FLORIDA Concealed Weapon or Firearm License.