Basics of Pistol Shooting Instructor-Led Course
Course Fee - $80
Included in this 8-hour course are lessons covering:
- Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling (2 Hours)
- Ammunition and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting (2 Hours)
- Shooting Positions and Shooting Qualification (2 Hours)
- Scoring Targets and Selecting and Maintaining a Pistol (1 Hour)
- Continued Opportunities for Skill Development (1 Hour)
The GOAL of the Basics of Pistol Shooting Course is:
To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely.
The Basics of Pistol Shooting Course is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling of a pistol in classes of eight or fewer students. This course is approximately eight hours long and includes classroom and firing range time learning the basic fundamentals of shooting a pistol. Students will learn the rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; shooting from the benchrest and the two-handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and additional opportunities for skill development.
Students receive a course completion certificate, a wallet ID card, and a PowerPoint presentation notebook from Halls Firearm Training.