Shotgun Instructor Course
Course Fee - $150
Included in this 11-hour course are lessons covering:
- Introduction to NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans (30 Minutes)
- Teaching Shotgun Lesson I: Shotgun Knowledge and Safe Handling (90 Minutes)
- Teaching Shotgun Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Shotgun Shooting (90 Minutes)
- Basic Shotgun Instructional Method (60 Minutes)
- Teaching Shotgun Lesson III: Firing the First Shots (90 Minutes)
- Teaching Shotgun Lesson IV: Shotgun Shooting Skills Practical Exercise (90 Minutes)
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Shotgun Shooters (60 Minutes)
- Teaching Shotgun Lesson V: Shotgun Games and Activities (60 Minutes)
- Shotgun Instructor Examination and Course Conclusion (90 Minutes)
The GOAL of the Shotgun Instructor Course is:
To develop NRA Certified Instructors who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Courses. The Shotgun Instructor Course is classes of eight or fewer students, designed to provide a hands-on introduction to teaching students to conduct the NRA Basic Rifle courses.
This course is approximately eleven hours long and includes classroom and firing range time learning to teach the basic fundamentals of shooting a shotgun. Students will learn the Introduction to NRA Basics of Shotgun Shooting Lesson Plans, Teaching Shotgun Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling, Teaching Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Shotgun Shooting, The Basic Shotgun Shooting Instructional Method, Teaching Shotgun Shooting Skills Practical Exercise, Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Shotgun Shooters, and Teaching Shotgun Games and Activities.
Students receive a course completion certificate, a wallet ID card, and a PowerPoint presentation notebook from Halls Firearm Training.